For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Lampdog Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:12 pm
On iPad3 I've used my ASR10 and Korg Triton Extreme and they both work well with iPolysix, Magellan, Sunrizer and Beatmaker 2.
By distortedtekno Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:14 pm
Other controllers work fine in Gadget. You can use the MIDI Learn mode to assign the controls as you wish.
By inflict3 Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:27 pm
I use a lpd8 with my iPad and beatmaker2 and works good.. I also use my computer with reason and midi over wifi to control my iPad wireless with any controller hooked up to my computer.
By distortedtekno Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:21 pm
grandsam3 wrote:i need an ipad 8 too... i have an old one, that keeps on crashing...in gadget i have to freeze a lot of instruments to make it work

If you like Gadget as much as I do, then it'll be worth upgrading to a new iPad. Gadget is my go-to app. It allows me to get further without crashing or hiccups with AU or IAA instruments. So I ended up getting the Nanokey Studio for Christmas. Much more fun to work with than my Launchkey 25. Now everything else in the studio collects dust. :nod:
By Wormhelmet Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:16 pm
Favorite combo on iPad is Beatmaker 2 and Korg padKontrol. Beatmaker 3 is due out soon I think. They have been beta testing for awhile.

For Gadget, I agree on more powerful iPad. I use an Air 2 for gadget, but Beatmaker 2 still runs fine on my old iPad 2. I've ftp'ed about 20 gb of samples over wireless also for Beatmaker 2. Wish it wasn't so app compartmentalized so I could have a central sample repository that works with multiple apps.

New Oddysei app is pretty slick in Gadget with my Air 2 also.
By distortedtekno Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:12 pm
Wormhelmet wrote:Favorite combo on iPad is Beatmaker 2 and Korg padKontrol. Beatmaker 3 is due out soon I think. They have been beta testing for awhile.

For Gadget, I agree on more powerful iPad. I use an Air 2 for gadget, but Beatmaker 2 still runs fine on my old iPad 2. I've ftp'ed about 20 gb of samples over wireless also for Beatmaker 2. Wish it wasn't so app compartmentalized so I could have a central sample repository that works with multiple apps.

New Oddysei app is pretty slick in Gadget with my Air 2 also.

I still have my padKontrol. I bought it a few years back for Reason. Only about a year ago, I realized it'll work with my iPad on a powered USB hub. Works nice. But all those wires clutter things up. As for Beatmaker 2, I never bought it since I own Cubasis. But I'm still looking forward to Beatmaker 3 whenever it's released. Hopefully it will be able to load AU instruments and effects.