For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By qkrgusdb33 Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:17 am
hi i use the mpc studio and i make hip hop boom bap beats by sampling

(i don't know nothing about turntables..)

i'm thinking of buying the numark pt 01 scratch

for sampling vinyl records
and scratching..

what do you think?? ( would the sound quality be okay?? )

is there any turntables you could recommend for a beginners???
By qkrgusdb33 Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:49 am
mr_debauch wrote:it's probably a piece of junk but will work.... maybe you need to spend some cash on a good needle.

have any other model would you recommend?
By mr_debauch Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:06 am
well you can't make a turntable recommendation without mentioning the technic sl-1200 or sl-1210 .... it is not a beginner table... but buying a good table once beats buying low end tables a bunch of times. a 1200 is a table you will still be using on your death bed.
By Living Bate Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:05 am
mr_debauch wrote: a 1200 is a table you will still be using on your death bed.

seconded...

whilst you can get by with pretty much any turntable, a 1200 or a 1210 is a lifer....

having a nice turntable & needle really helps when trying to test breaks / samples over drums before you commit to sampling......good for playing around with before you get the sounds in the MPC...

I got two about 20 years ago so I've got no idea what the market for turntables is like now....
By JUKE 179r Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:34 pm
+3 for the Technics 1200/1210...
I've had both of mine since '88 and have stood the test of time with being dropped countless times, beer/liquor spilled on them/in them, used in 6 different countries with different AC power requirements. They still work flawlessly today.
By A pair of Glasses Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:35 pm
Technics will do fine..
Me personally am using an OEM version turntable .. Mine is the akiyama Acura (I thought,, painted it gold) ,, I choose this type of table for the extra features it got, phono and line output, adjustable start and brake, reverse,, but the most I am using it for is the 78rpm setting, I've got some old samplers with less ram, and there I can record longer samples in it B-)

Peace
By vout Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:53 pm
SL all the way - I had a couple of OEM turntables and they both broke down within two years, spares are impossible to find. Also, they look impressive, but are poorly put together. My Stanton 150 weighed a ton, made out of a slab of tank armour it felt like, but the arm bearing was loose when new (this is a critical adjustment, has to be done at the factory) and the motor packed up after a year of light use (I'm not a dj, just a home user). My 20 year old SL1210 is still running like new.
By JVC Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:00 am
vout wrote:...
My 20 year old SL1210 is still running like new.

My pair of 25 year SL1200 Mk 2's still work with ZERO issue.
One of my SL1200's tonearm got smashed (the ceiling came down!) but I purchased a replacement tonearm (about 80 bucks) and I repaired myself. I'm sure they'll outlive me...
By peterpiper Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:45 pm
It's a proven fact that the 1200/1210 will be the last turntable you'll have to buy. If you are a DJ and carry it around without a case it might get a bit ugly depending on the party you're at but it will do it's work.
If you use it at home only and don't spill milk over it and get it out of a fire or an earthquake you will have it the rest of your life. So even if they seem to be expensive, they are cheap.

peace
By qkrgusdb33 Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:13 am
thanks for all the reply !!

okay after searching technics 1200 models

i found out that the original 1200 1210

is discontinued ( i don' really like buying used stuff.. )

and the new thing came out called 1200 gae? or something

but its to expensive..it goes about 4000...

i'm really thankful for the answers you guys gave me
and i also really love to get the sl 1200 1210 but..!
is there any other models would you guys recommend??
By mr_debauch Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:59 am
the point being made here is... any second hand (but working) 1200 or 1210 will probably be better, and last longer than any other model brand new... and that includes second hand over 20 years old.
By JUKE 179r Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:00 am
I say go for a used Technics 1200/1210. They are easy to fix and modify if needed.