For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Ill-Green Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:15 am
Decksaver is a new company making clear acryllic covers for your favorite gear. They make them small for little mixers or they make them huge for recording consoles, all designed to fit snugged over your gear. Better than dustcovers which collects dust and spread on your gear every time you remove and place back, but these, a simple wipe with a damp rag and thats it.

They are sold here but any gear store should provide them or can order them for you.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?s ... saver&pn=1

Here are some examples.

By distortedtekno Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:57 am
That's cool that they make them for the TR-808 and 909. Lamp and Juke might like that. I wish they made them for the JP-8080 and the MPC-2000. But I'm sure if they ever do, they wont be cheap due to the size of both pieces of gear.
By Ill-Green Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:31 pm
Nice review Tutor! Wow they really are strong. I only plan to stack a small quantity of vinyl records when digging around my studio, but if it can hold an MPC2kXL, I'm already sold.

I look forward to buying one for the Live. I have a small laptop carrying bag that I use to mobilize my MPC500, and one of the things I hated was when I walk or run, the bag swings back and forth leaving the panel prone to damage. I actually was using bubble-wrap to keep the 500 safe. Decksaver looks 100 times professional than bubble-wrap.
By Christov Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:35 am
Got one of em for my Microbrute, works and looks great. Definitly would recommend them. Would love to have one of em for my MPC, but unfortunatly they don't make them for MPC1000's
By MPC-Tutor Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:46 am
Nice review Tutor! Wow they really are strong. I only plan to stack a small quantity of vinyl records when digging around my studio, but if it can hold an MPC2kXL, I'm already sold.

Thanks, yes it's very strong, no issue at all on that front.

Regarding the Live, I thought the Touch and the Live were identical dimensions (other than the height) but apparently the Live is a tad bigger (12mm extra width and an extra 5mm depth, allegedly). If that's the case then the Touch cover will definitely not fit. I'll update this once I have the Live in my possession.
By marctronixx Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:34 pm
OP,

does this cover simply "sit" or"rest" on top or does it "fit" snug? id like to get this for the LIVE when I travel but the LIVE will sit in a bag on its side, so if the cover just slips off, this may not be worth the coin.