For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By OmegaStylesBC Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:49 am
Audio Technica LP-120 USB turntable says: A selectable internal stereo phono pre-amplifier allows the turntable to plug directly to components with no dedicated turntable input.

The RME Babyface Pro has 2x XLR inputs & 2x TRS inputs, along with ADAT

So in Windows 10 & FL Studio 12, would I be able to use the Babyface Pro as my main audio interface & monitor/hear what is playing on the turntable, if I plug the LP-120 to the PC via USB connection?

Babyface Pro as main audio interface
Babyface Pro outs 1 & 2 -> speaker monitors
AT LP120 turntable with built in phono preamp -> USB connection to PC
Stereo channel of DAW input set to LP120 USB & output set to Babyface Pro Outs 1/2?

The analog inputs on the Babyface Pro will be used for mics & mono synths, so would I need to buy an ADAT converter for the turntable if the above won't work?
By Wal Martian Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:56 pm
You've pretty much got the right idea. The turntable USB is a digital out so the line/phono switch isn't going to affect that. Line and phono selection is for the RCA cables whether you are feeding into a DJ mixer with phono input, or a device with line level inputs. If you want to use the analog audio signal you will need to grab a few adaptors to go in to your babyface Line inputs. Using the USB to record samples will work just fine.
By OmegaStylesBC Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:57 pm
alright! thank you

my biggest concern was if I'd be able to have my main sound card playing audio via USB, while having the USB turntable playing without using xlr->rca cables, just plain USB connection.

Couldn't figure it out in FL Studio, as it only let me see input/outputs for the Babyface, but in Audacity I could monitor & record the turntable separately from any & all other audio playing into the Babyface & other windows apps running.
By Wal Martian Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:04 pm
I think when you open FL the babyface becomes your master audio device. You could sample the turntable into another application such as audactiy, chop and save your samples then open FL and drop them in to sequence. This is a pretty good workflow, I used to do something similar before I got an MPC, sampling with goldwave and dropping clips into acid pro.