For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By ngyagi Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:14 pm
I have a bunch of sample sources that I want to route through the mixer into this chain: MPC1000>KAOSS PAD 3>SP404SX Then back into the mixer to allow me to monitor on a pair of KRKs and headphones. I have read the manual, but I'm not quite understanding how to get this set up. I don't think an aux send will work, cause I don't want a mix of wet and dry at the end, just a monitor mix of what comes out of the Sp404sx at the end of the chain. I have a feeling that the Alt3/4 might help me here, but I am getting confused about the routing of outs and ins to avoid feedback. I've attached a sketch of the routing I'm after. Can anyone help?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8peaXzMsuWpUnpiSFRPbTRxSEk/view?usp=drivesdk
By sciguy Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:40 pm
I'd suggest putting the alt3/4 output into the stereo in on your MPC. That way, you can sample sources into the mpc, or use the mpc's input-thru to forward them to the kp3+404. (e.g. put assignable outs 1/2 to the KP3, while the master stereo out can go direct back to the mixer). This way, you can also directly monitor inputs by unmuting them.
Just make sure that you don't hit the mute button on any mixer chanels coming from the MPC.

Your speakers can hook up to the CR (control room) outputs on the mixer—that way, you have separate level control for headphones and monitors.