For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Living Bate Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:58 am
Long shot here as these things seem pretty much obsolete.....

Has anyone encountered one?
By Ian Canefire Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:10 am
Hi,
My band member has one. The older technics keyboards had great sounds. They are really easy to learn. There was a change to the keyboards at one point and i remember users were mad.
The midi is good and had no problems when connected to my mpc 4000. I just would not pay a lot for the old ones. The keys felt like thwy can break easily.

I dig the sounds and would buy one just for the different sounds. There are good write up on these keyboards on sonic states website.
Peace
Ian
By Living Bate Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:12 am
Cheers Ian,

i'll have a look on the sonic states review.....

my father in-law told me he's got one stashed in the attic....i'm trying establish if it will be much use to me before i start harassing him to get up there and bring it down...

i'm 95% sample based so i was thinking i may only use it for a bit of synth here and there or maybe some bass if it's capable of producing a nice bass?...

but at the very least i guess i can use it for MIDI triggering....i've only got a 25 key at the minute...

due to the lack of info out there i was starting to wonder if they were a bit shit
By Living Bate Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:49 am
Sonic State reviews seem quite positive!...

although its unclear what the reviewers genre of music is....

they could be doing Herp Albert covers in expat supper clubs for all i know....