For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Living Bate Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:57 am
I bought one of these back in the day.....it was my shit at the time, despite me never really pushing it to its full potential

i guess its pretty much useless nowadays.......breaks my fuggin heart....

By TheUnfuckwithable Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:36 am
I once owned the Terratec Phase 88 Rack. Was a great piece of kit for an amazing price.

But yeah, it´s a shame that these things are becoming obsolete that quickly.
By Living Bate Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:19 pm
I'm guessing Terratec went under?

if only that thing was USB i'd still have hope that we'd be reunited in the future and make sweet music together...

but right now its like a buff ex girlfriend lying dead in the corner........
By tapedeck Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:41 pm
you know tho that the benefit of them NOT being usb is that they generally run faster and more stable. so if you've got an old machine that can use this, they are still great to have.
i always wanted one of these.
By Living Bate Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:45 pm
i haven't got a computer with a parallel port on it anymore.....that croaked a few years back....

i'm not sure how easy it would be to get a computer with one on these days.....especially a laptop
By tapedeck Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:56 pm
Living Bate wrote:i haven't got a computer with a parallel port on it anymore.....that croaked a few years back....

i'm not sure how easy it would be to get a computer with one on these days.....especially a laptop

just to clarify the one you showed is pci, not parallel port.
and yea, good luck finding a laptop with that in it :mrgreen:
still, if you've got an old tower, these are nice to have. we still use this stuff in a radio station i work with.
By Living Bate Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:05 pm
tapedeck wrote:
Living Bate wrote:i haven't got a computer with a parallel port on it anymore.....that croaked a few years back....

just to clarify the one you showed is pci, not parallel port.
and yea, good luck finding a laptop with that in it :mrgreen:
still, if you've got an old tower, these are nice to have. we still use this stuff in a radio station i work with.

fair point!....i was forgetting the parallel port is on the actual Terratec board itself.....

i've still got the old computer with the PCI board connected.....maybe one day it can be stripped back and re-built....but its probably one of those things that will never happen....