For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By CHOPFYT Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:31 pm
Im looking to get some new monitors I dont really want to spend over £150 on a pair which is a hard sell for good quality. I have a couple in mind but Im more than likely gonna go with these....

Mackie CR4 Multimedia Monitors

But I was wondering if anyone had any experience with those Mackies or anything else in a similar price range. To clarify Im not looking for top end production reference just something versatile that will work well with my Traktor controller when mixing hippity hops and such
By Ill-Green Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:14 pm
Whats up CHOPFYT!!

I was in this same dilema as you 3 months back. I tried out both the Mackie CR3 and CR4. Decent speakers and punchy bass. However if you need low-end, you gonna need a sub woofer. I didn't get them though, instead I bought a single, lone Roland Cube Monitor CM30 which handles rock solid. I make beats with that. And for reference, I have a pair of Behringer 8" Truth 1031A which rocks the house and the neighbors. Thats what I was pretty much up to. I have an Elektron Digitakt and the low end from that blew out a pair of Micca speakers and a couple other bookshelf speakers I keep around. With the Roland, its rugged and built for the frequencies and whats cool, the sound surrounds a small room that no one notices music is playing in the next room. I be playing all night :D
By CHOPFYT Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:54 am
What up Ill!
Been a while huh. Thanks for the advice Ill look into the cube it sounds like the sort of thing Im looking for. I had read reviews about the low end not being great and some people saying the CRs die after a year which is not cool.