For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Living Bate Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:01 am
Does anyone here still use Acid Pro at all?...

I used to use it quite a lot back in the day....I used to really like some of the glitchy sounds you could get out of the timestretching on it....

I'm considering looking to get a copy again......
By Wal Martian Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:44 pm
Yes! I still use it to this day, as well as a few guys in my city. In my city alot of us started out sampling and chopping in Goldwave and sequencing in Acid Pro.
Here's a Throwback.
^That's me when I got "Acid DJ" for my birthday. It was limited to 8 tracks and came with alot of loops on CD. Sonic Foundry later made Acid DJ the demo version of Acid 4.0. I've used all the versions since then, and currently I'm using Sony Acid Pro 7.0. It's real easy to obtain, there's even instructional youtube videos. :wink:
By Living Bate Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:03 pm
haha....big up to the youthful Martian flossing his dashiki dress code....

yeh in all honesty I forgot how fuggin good Acid was to use......you can make so many crazy little loops with it....

today i'm drawing a line in the sand....i'm reintroducing it to the setup......
By JUKE 179r Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:45 pm
I had the ACID Rock software. I won it at a Christmas raffle back in the late 90's. I used to religiously use Sonic Forge and CD Architect for my DJ mixes back then.
By Wormhelmet Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:19 pm
I used to use Acid Pro for final tracks and create loops and drum breaks in Fruity Loops. the combo of th two was easy to work with. When i switched to Ableton Live at Version 4 which was the first support for VST Instruments, I thought Ableton was like a nice combo of Acid Pro and Fruity Loops.

Those were the days - Had a lot of fun with Acid Pro and editing with Sound Forge.
By Lampdog Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:14 pm
Living Bate wrote:haha....big up to the youthful Martian.....

Decades ago I was hardcore soundforge, vegas and acid. Acid will always greatness. Goldwave, wow, haven't heard that name in a while, lol.
By Coz Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 pm
I was a diehard Sound Forge and CD Architect user back in the day. Sound Forge for Mac was poor in comparison when I used it.

Never used Acid (other than that stuff that makes you see shit).... :mrgreen:
By richie Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:59 am
I always hated the layout of Sound Forge so I've stuck with Cool Edit registered to Peter Quistgard for the win. My wrist stay so icy.
By Living Bate Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:15 am
Wormhelmet wrote:I used to use Acid Pro for final tracks and create loops and drum breaks in Fruity Loops. the combo of th two was easy to work with.

That was pretty much how I started.....Cool Edit Pro, Fruity and Acid...

Edit the wavs in Cool Edit, create loops in Fruity....Export to Acid......

but I'd also sometimes use Acid just for looping a sample and then Exporting it with a key of C, E, A etc......
By Lampdog Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:30 pm
richie wrote: Cool Edit registered to Peter Quistgard for the win.

PETER QUISTGARD, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know him too!

I still have Audition, not loaded and running but I still have the whole thing.
Don't make me go down memory lane.
By richie Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:16 pm
@Lampdog it isn't a game here man. You think the internet forums are for trolling and f*cking around?
By Living Bate Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:07 pm
Lampdog wrote:Don't make me go down memory lane

dont talk to me about MPC Software!!

manz dont know about MPC Software!!
By tapedeck Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:37 pm
man the thing to remember about acid was how much it changed the game, as far as loops go. i used to have to calculate pitch ratios and crap in cool edit / soundforge then hope that the loop still sounded good when it was adjusted to match all the other loops i had already done that for. acid came along and made that process easy as drag and drop. i think a lot of us on the old samplers are jaded by it because we still do it 'the old way' and are so used to it, it's almost automatic. but back then, that shit was a level up. then ableton 1 came out and woa....