For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By RevolutionInTheHead Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:36 am
I just had to sell my SL-1200 due to a change in personal circumstances, leaving me only with my Numark portable for sampling, which I'd previously rejected for such duties owing to it's shit sound. I started looking into mods that would allow you to change the cartridge and found this guy...

http://www.beatshelter.com/?post_type=product

He designed a replacement tonearm that allows you to put on whichever cartridge you choose and gets them 3D printed! He also sells a replacement preamp as, I found out, the one in the 01 doesn't use the correct RIAA curve.

Check out the rest of the site too. There are other mods you can do to get these machines to be the best they can be!
By justineastwick Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:03 am
RevolutionInTheHead wrote:I just had to sell my SL-1200 due to a change in personal circumstances, leaving me only with my Numark portable for sampling, which I'd previously rejected for such duties owing to it's **** sound. I started looking into mods that would allow you to change the cartridge and found this guy...

http://www.beatshelter.com/?post_type=product

He designed a replacement tonearm that allows you to put on whichever cartridge you choose and gets them 3D printed! He also sells a replacement preamp as, I found out, the one in the 01 doesn't use the correct RIAA curve.

Check out the rest of the site too. There are other mods you can do to get these machines to be the best they can be!

Thanks! I was interested in getting a Numark PT-01 for sampling vinyl. I decided to just stick to e-sampling with Audacity for now.
By supersymmetric Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:24 pm
The PT01 is a good way to get into vinyl but it is not as cheap as it first looks! I have two now both with a Shure M44-7 upgrade among others and the price of a direct drive is cheaper than the overall mods. Fun stuff and I love them but I am just warning any potential portablists!