For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By 6/8 Stanley Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:19 am
Got an electric Mbira from Zimbabwe, Nyamaropa tuning. Sounds beautiful with chorus pedal. It's 23 keys are tuned to various overtones. A=440 is not even close. I need to document the tuning to match guitar and MPC instruments to it.
My Boss tuner doesn't read accurate enough and won't generate non-standard tones. Tuner should read tones and generate tones to standard notes plus or minus a few cents to a half-tone.

Gotta be something. Looked at amazon and ebay but nothing seems right. Computer software maybe OK but prefer hardware. If it could save the tunings it would be a huge plus.
By 6/8 Stanley Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:23 am
Got one. Found a used Korg rackmount tuner today at Sam Ash. Plugged it in at the store and tried it with a guitar, price was right so I snapped it up. Haven't tried it on the Bira yet but should work good.

There are some nice tuner apps for phones. Peterson has hardware tuner that looks good, but I'm happy with the one I got.