For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By OgAll Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:29 pm
Hi everyone, I am new here and I have one very important doubt regarding my home studio set up and gear.

I have a techniqs 1200, a vestax mixer, 2 krk monitors and an mpc 1000. That is all I use by the moment, both to make beats (sampling vinyl from the turntable straight to the mpc) and to listen to my record collection.

I want to get the best sound quality possible for both purposes, making beats and simply listening to the records. Do I need a sound card for any of the two things? *(I dont export tracks at home yet, so don't need a card for that)

I think a sound card wont improve the sampling sound quality, but I am not sure. And I think a sound card would improve the quality for the listening of records, but I am not sure neither. If no sound card is needed, is there something I could do to improve the sound quality? Like better cables or something? Is not that my actual sound is bad, but I want to get the best, especially to make beats.

Any knowledge and piece of advice will be highly appreciated, thanks!!!
By tapedeck Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:06 pm
no you dont need a soundcard unless you want to record or interface with a computer.

better cables will not make you sound better, but they might last longer.

'better' sound could mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people, but if it sounds good to you, keep rocking it the way it is.
By richie Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:11 am
*Looks at Danoc*