For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Kbh Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:24 am
A couple of years ago I was in a bad state mentally and also really high while having some money saved up I bought something that I dont really know how to make the best of, the arturia beat step pro. I never got around to using it so I tried to sell it, completely new but no one was interested.

I mostly sample vinyls into my MPC One always standalone where I dont even use the step sequencer :hmmm: and go with it from there OR I sit at the computer (pc) in Ableton with a Push 2 controller.

Tried ChatGPT 3.5, the free one, for advice on how to maybe integrate all three pieces of gear into one system and actually got some interesting suggestions but some of them were wrong and sadly I discovered that Ableton + Beatstep Pro seem to have some syncing problems. Tried both ways with one of them being the master clock and Beatstep was more stable but still fidgeting with the bpm.

So I would like to check with you on here since theres a lot of really knowledgeable MPC people ( :worthy: ), thinking of using the MPC One as master clock into Beatstep Pro as a bridge into Ableton. Would it work? Or even better, can you think of a better way to make use of this badly planned purchase?

Peace
By Seaninnj Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:26 pm
Personally, I don’t think you made a mistake. The beat step is supposed to be a good piece of kit. It’s just up to you to figure out how to use it in your studio. If you really don’t need it, sell it on reverb.com and find it a good home. Good luck!
By Kbh Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:39 pm
Seaninnj wrote:Personally, I don’t think you made a mistake. The beat step is supposed to be a good piece of kit. It’s just up to you to figure out how to use it in your studio. If you really don’t need it, sell it on reverb.com and find it a good home. Good luck!

Okay, that is nice to hear. I've just been thinking like I have step sequencers in both the MPC and Push 2, and Ive never really used them in my workflow so why did I buy this thing - but you are totally right, I need to figure it out not you guys. And I just started using it so why am I even writing this post. Give it some time maybe? A chance? It looks dope and I understand all step sequencers differ a bit. I also had fun with it when testing it out :hmmm:
The sync issue gave me the scare I think.

Thanks for breaking my negative thought pattern. I wont sell it :smoker: