For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By Itchygash Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:13 am
Hi
I'm looking to get an mpc one, I'm just curious on how it works as a sequencer pros and cons?
I'm wanting to use it as a midi slave for vocal samples and drum loops and how to incorporate into my setup of synths....is it useable to be used as slave and stay in time?

or is it better being the midi master?

How is the midi routing to set up?

I'm going through as much info I can online and couldn't find any users experiences so thought I'd ask here.

Cheers
By Ultros Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:55 pm
it works fairly decently as a slave device, like most midi devices you can change the granularity of midi clock if its not sharp enough. i use mine as a slave with reaper quite a bit as a drum module or synth it seems to work pretty good.

food for thought, mpc one only has one stereo pair outbound. other units have 2-4 stereo pairs out and could serve up to 4 stereo tracks (with the x) to your soundcard (if you got a multi channel interface)
By Itchygash Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:23 pm
Cool , I plan to use in a dawless set up no computer/laptop, the mixer only has four inputs (trying to keep it as small footprint as possible) so to get more in I've been using audio in on drum machine...does the mpc have an audio in/thru function where I could have another sound source and add the fx from the mpc?
By Itchygash Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:23 pm
Itchygash wrote:Cool , I plan to use in a dawless set up no computer/laptop, the audio mixer I'm using only has four inputs (trying to keep it as small footprint as possible) so to get more in I've been using audio in on drum machine...does the mpc have an audio in/thru function where I could have another sound source and add the fx from the mpc?
By chrisroland Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:11 pm
i sequence everything in my MPC One externally from Deluge/Hapax. generally works like a charm -- assign each drum program/plugin/keygroup to its own midi channel and bob's your uncle. the main wrinkle doing it this way is there's still the bug as of 2.14 OS that no two tracks can trigger the same MIDI note value at the same time. so i usually map my drum program pads all the way down at C -2 and go up from there. might then also have to adjust the octave range on any external gear that is also being sequenced to avoid their note values choking off the corresponding notes being triggered on MPC.

in theory, you can send clock and transport out to MPC as well, but I've never gone to the trouble of trying to sync the Delgue/Hapax patterns up with sequences programmed in the box on MPC
By Ultros Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:56 am
No midi thru. only in and out in the mpc one.