For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
By JUKE 179r Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:18 pm
Akai X7000 Sampling Electronic Keyboard

I was considering bidding on this but is it worth it? I don't think homeboy knows what he's got. Thanks folks!

one.........

By featherboy Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:14 pm
It looks ok if you get it for not much more than the $30 starting price..... because delivery is going to be a lot.

According to the Vintage Synth Explorer link the guy posts you would be getting a sampler almost up to the specs of the classic S900.

I'd ask yourself: A:- Do I need an old, 12 bit sampler & B:- Have I got room for such a big m****rf****r of a keyboard?

Also, I guess you need to do some research on whether it needs software to boot from, because the guy says he never got it to work.

Personally, if I wanted that sound I'd look for an S900 being sold closer to home.

By homershines Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:57 am
Well, I'd suggest that you leave it where it is. The problem with this jawn is that the X7000 uses an old and very hard to find disk format. You'll never have enough disks. If you can hot rod it to work with say a Zip drive, it would be cool. But, I think a S950 is a far better deal.

Peace.

By JUKE 179r Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:35 am
Thanks for the replies yo. I'll leave it alone.
By JUKE 179r Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:14 pm
Holy Shit! I forgot I posted this 10 years ago and now I do have a x7000.
By JUKE 179r Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:08 pm
It's a beautiful, bulky, sturdy analog 12-bit sampler keyboard with great filters. There isn't much info online about how to use it. You just have to jump on it and figure it out with the manual.
The down side of the x7000 is the ancient QuickDIsk Drive that uses the rare 3" (actually 2.8" :? ) floppy disk.
It was a steal at $80 because the owner said the disk drive died on him. It was just a worn out rubber disk drive belt that I replaced for 10 cents. :smoker:

There are a few programs that help with editing x7000 samples via MIDI but you need and Amiga or Atari computer. :lol:
By motosega Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:28 pm
steinberg avalon runs on the hatari atari ST emulator with midi dumping and everything.

i don't know if it ever got finished but there was an effort to build a QD emulator (maybe a part of HxC)

i have an ensoniq mirage, its a lot of "fun" too.
By mr_debauch Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:40 pm
i talked to a (or maybe the) guy from hxc when he was here on the forums looking at our topics related to their products... i suggested making a QD emulator and he asked for a picture of the connector where it connects.... not sure if he ever got one.. i know i didn't pull mine apart.
By Coz Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:28 pm
My mate had one of those propped up against a wall in his bathroom for years. Unfortunately he wasn't a huge fan of housework, and it was a bit too close to the toilet, so stray piss sprays were bringing it to life in ways you didn't want to see. :vomit:
By JUKE 179r Sat Nov 14, 2015 5:55 pm
mr_debauch wrote:i talked to a (or maybe the) guy from hxc when he was here on the forums looking at our topics related to their products... i suggested making a QD emulator and he asked for a picture of the connector where it connects.... not sure if he ever got one.. i know i didn't pull mine apart.

I got some pics of the Mitsumi QD disk connector and a small wiring schematic from a Nintendo forum for the Famicom gaming system that uses the QD disks. I've been meaning to find an alternative to the QD disk drive but it's old technology.
By mr_debauch Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:14 pm
if they made one for the famicom disk system... that would basically be a FDS everdrive... which im sure would be one of HXC's better selling items if they ever decided to make it.
By JUKE 179r Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:11 pm
I bought another uneeded x7000 with a bad quick disk drive for $79.
By mr_debauch Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:02 am
i saw people asking ten times that price on ebay lately.. what a joke
By richie Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:05 am
Juke I'm willing to give you $80 if you want to make a bit of profit.