For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
Bydnc001 Mon Apr 28, 2003 1:22 pm
Hello everybody,

I have an MPC2000xl, a powerbook with OSX, and a digidesign Mbox. I want to sample and edit sounds on my powerbook, then bring them into the MPC to construct beats and loops. Then I want to bring the loops back into the powerbook and finalize the songs and record vocals.

Before asking I want to apologize for my ignorance (he), I just recently bought my computer, and haven't really figured how things work yet.
Ok, my questions are:

- What is the easiest way to get the sounds from the Mac to the MPC? I have a SCSI zip drive for the MPC, can I get it to work with the Mac somehow? Or do I have to buy another zip drive for the Mac? I've heard that some people have had problems with file names and such (they get altered or corrupted on the harddisk of the computer, or something), so that the MPC doesn't recognize them anymore. Is this true?

- In what other ways can I get the MPC and the Mac to communicate with eachother? What can be done? How do you guys combine computers and the MPC in your music making?

Thanks a lot.

By brainwashcloth Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:32 pm
I cant help too much, but i can tell you the problem some people have with zips is with the original2000 (the xl fixed it) and with pcs (not macs).