For discussion about setting up your studio and advice on the gear and equipment within it.
ByCha9ilm Thu May 01, 2003 1:54 pm
Thanks to any one with advice....

I own an mpc2000xl with the 8 outs.
I have an aw4416 16 sequencer/mixer.
I hate it!...Everytime i do a mix on my mpc(As in mixing the whole song)i feel satisfied with the result.......When i start to tansfer that to the aw4416....it not only takes a long time but 99% of the time it comes out sounding shit or nothing like the original raw sound.
Ive had it for about a year and half now.....so its not as if i havent studied it.
So i want to sell it.......I want to continue using my mpc as the main peice of equipment(I.e sequencing,arranging and mixing on the mpc).BUT i would like compression every now and again and of course a bit of eq.So i ask(cuz ive never tried this)....Is it possible to hook a compresser,eq,finalizer to the mpc and then record straight to dat?
Thanks....

By digibird Fri May 02, 2003 9:34 am
You could use the 8 tracks available in Pro Tools Free if you are open to working with computers. If not, run your 8 outs from the MPC into a Mackie mixing board (like the 1202-vlz pro) with on-board eq. Use an RNC from FMR Audio (RNC = Really Nice Compressor, $199) (www.fmraudio.com) as an insert on any of your mackie channels or on the stereo mix. Then take your Main outs from the Mackie into a Marantz standalone CD Recorder (Marantz CDR631)(www.marantz.com). Pro Tools Free on a PC with an internal cdr would be cheaper. But, mackies are relatively clean boards and would not color what you have done in your MPC, except, of course, for the eq color that you are after.

By freq Fri May 02, 2003 10:43 am
You need a mixer playah. Just get a computer and software.
ByCha9ilm Fri May 02, 2003 11:45 am
Iam gonna continue with the 4416 for another few months....then weigh up the options.
Digi what u were saying about the external mixer,cd-r etc...is what i was planning on doing...
I might just do it if my mind isnt chagned within the nex few months...
Thanks.....