Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By SimonInAustralia Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:20 am
pogba wrote:thanks for the reply, I guess my best option is to get a pay version of jjos then.

Why? I thought it was working OK with MIDI Clock, why do you need MTC/JJOS?

pogba wrote:here is a screenshot of Setup/MIDI/MIDI Beat Clock under PT 8:

Not sure why it is working, you have MIDI Clock enabled, but there doesn't seem to be a choice to send that MIDI Clock to the particular computer MIDI interface output port that is connected to the MPC MIDI input.
By pogba Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:15 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:
pogba wrote:thanks for the reply, I guess my best option is to get a pay version of jjos then.

Why? I thought it was working OK with MIDI Clock, why do you need MTC/JJOS?

no it s not working at the moment!
that explains your confusion I guess.

so MTC is the option you referred to me.
By SimonInAustralia Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:24 am
You have a USB-MIDI cable/interface? Is that plugged into a computer USB port?

For some reason, it is not visible in the Pro Tools MIDI Beat Clock window as a destination for Pro Tools to send MIDI Beat Clock to.

Any idea if the USB-MIDI cable/interface is working at all, does it need drivers to be installed in Windows for it to work?

Do the MIDI ports of the USB-MIDI cable/interface show up as MIDI ports in any other applications?
By SimonInAustralia Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:31 am
pogba wrote:so MTC is the option you referred to me.

You said that you want to have the MPC as the master, and Pro Tools as the slave, you can only do that with MTC, as Pro Tools does not slave to MIDI Clock.

You can have Pro Tools as the Master, and the MPC as the slave, with both MIDI Clock and MTC.
By pogba Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:53 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:You have a USB-MIDI cable/interface? Is that plugged into a computer USB port?

For some reason, it is not visible in the Pro Tools MIDI Beat Clock window as a destination for Pro Tools to send MIDI Beat Clock to.

Any idea if the USB-MIDI cable/interface is working at all, does it need drivers to be installed in Windows for it to work?

Do the MIDI ports of the USB-MIDI cable/interface show up as MIDI ports in any other applications?

usb-midi cable is what I have. I dont think there is a need to install anything.
and yes plugged into a computer usb port.
ok so by reading you, I understand there should be some kind of detection of the cable by PT, let me check if I can find anything.
By pogba Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:08 pm
ha yeah indeed, that s a 5 dollars one bought on amazon...
it s recognized on the virtual pc using XP though. if I can find a virtual ethernenet cable linking the virtual pc with the regular on, it might work. does anyone know a software that does that?
but yeah i might just take my loss and buy a better cable with some drivers. might also switch to XP...
By pogba Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:55 pm
thanks, just bought it. I come back with a feedback next week.
By pogba Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:11 pm
I ve received the cable and it s being recognized by the pc and PT, great!

so right now, I have:
when I press Midi/Sync I have the following:
MIDI tab:
- active track receive channel: ALL
- soft thru: AS TRACK
- sequence change by program change: OFF
- pad to internal sound: ON

SYNC tab:
- sync in: 1
- sync out: A

when I load up a plug in into PT I can play it with both my keyboard and the mpc.
when I press rec on the mpc though, only the sound coming from the pads are being recorded, mpc is not receiving anything from the keyboard (or the pc).

I ve been setting this one up but it s not helping (im not even sure if I m supposed to touch this)

what am I missing?
By SimonInAustralia Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:22 pm
pogba wrote:I ve been setting this one up but it s not helping (im not even sure if I m supposed to touch this)

Not sure about your problem in general, but you should probably not touch that for what you are doing.

The Pro Tools Setup/Peripherals/MIDI Controllers window is used to setup MIDI controllers to control the Pro Tools mixer window, the faders/solos/mutes/record enables/etc. within Pro Tools.

That is not related to what you are trying to achieve at the moment, which seems to be just sending MIDI from the into Pro Tools, and using it to play sounds from internal Pro Tools software instruments. Leave the MIDI Controller setting off, until you want to try to control the Pro Tools mixer with your MIDI controller.

You have sync in and sync out turned on, are you trying to sync the playback of the MPC sequencer to the Pro Tools sequencer, or vice versa? You don't need those turned on unless you are trying to sync the playback of the two sequencers, they are not needed just to play software instruments over MIDI.

What are the ends of the USB-MIDI interface connected to, which ends into which MIDI ports on other devices, exactly?

What is the keyboard connected to?

If the keyboard is connected directly to the computer, instead of the MPC, then it is quite likely that the keyboard is sending MIDI into the computer, and not to the MPC, without some rerouting inside the computer, and would therefore not be surprising that the MPC does not record MIDI data from it.
By Bugfix Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:If the keyboard is connected directly to the computer, instead of the MPC, then it is quite likely that the keyboard is sending MIDI into the computer, and not to the MPC, without some rerouting inside the computer, and would therefore not be surprising that the MPC does not record MIDI data from it.

:nod:

On this MIDI-USB interface you got two LEDs, white means it's on and it's blinking for input, blue is for output.
In any setting, MIDI out sending to MPC will be noted with blue LED blinking. If it does not happen - nothing is being sent to MIDI out or MIDI out is disabled.
So first of all make sure MIDI out is active, try to send anything from PC to MPC for receive - I suppose virtual faders in PT are sending CC's?
By pogba Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:27 pm
ok I have put peripherals back to none.

regarding the USB-midi cable, I have the white LED for power and it starts flashing when I use the mpc.
No blue led though...

I am using windows 7 pro 64 bit and there seems to be issues with midi output.

anyone experienced something similar?
By SimonInAustralia Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:38 pm
Are you trying to output MIDI from Pro Tools into the MPC?

If so, what sort of MIDI messages, where are they coming from inside Pro Tools, is Pro Tools set to send them out of the MIDI cable MIDI output port?