Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By LogaRhytmus Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:46 am
hi,

i have a strange problem. when i transmit wav-files (16bit, 44.1 khz) i have a folder on the mpc with the names of the files and their different mb size but if i scroll down i have only one sound.

any help for this issue??
thanks in advance
By Lampdog Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:21 pm
Maybe the other files are not the same format as the 1 you can see.

44khz, 16bit, pcm wav.
By 313 studio tricks Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:56 pm
if you tried to copy 10,000 files over all at once, the transfer may have simply stopped. it happened to me. i recommend that you connect your hdd to your computer directly for large uploads.
By medearis Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:10 pm
This has happened to me a few times before, several times using the USB cable to the MPC and one when I used a CF reader to move the files over. The only constant was that I was moving an ass load of files over. Since I have stopped that all my samples are working 100% of the time.

I also name them differently now too, which may have something to do with the issue. Instead of having one million snares named "SNARE000" to "SNARE1000000".

Not sure which one is causing this but since I have changed the way I name/organize the samples and changed the way I import (IE - not 15,000 samples in one go) everything has been smoove.

Hope this helps.
By LogaRhytmus Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:34 pm
hi,

thanks, meadris & 313! i swaped a bunch of samples and some of them are have names like "granularwtfXXXXX". so i will be creative with the samples and their names and swap not so much data.

@313:is there a maximum mb size for one swap session?
By LogaRhytmus Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:02 pm
yesterday i started to rename the pile of files. there are a lot of.
is there any chance to rename an entier folder with the samples or is it just a stupid job??

e.g. old "bit reduction kit 2" in "bitred 070" (000 = n of samples)
By LogaRhytmus Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:16 pm
Lampdog wrote:http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/File-Management/CKRename.shtml

hi, thanks!

i am on mac so i use the automator. however your link was the missing link to the batch converter. :-D