Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By bowsie Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:15 pm
so out of nowhere my mpc starts ghost triggering.i power down.when i reboot as soon as the main screen is displayed the area where it displays what pad was hit last is just cycling thru the pad numbers like there being hit.i then crack open the mpc and try somethings i read on some related post like:reseating the ram,made sure the case isn't rubbing and is well seated.no help.i then noticed one of my ribbon cables was damaged.i changed the ribbon cable and still no help.in fact with the new ribbon cable attached i get no button response from the mpc,with the damaged one same ol glitchy non sense.
By 313 studio tricks Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:33 pm
get the pad sensor upgrade. reconnect everything inside. make sure the nipples of the pad rubber are properly inserted through the sensor into the metal substructure below the sensor. make sure your cables are connected properly!
By bowsie Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:56 pm
i have the pad sensor upgrade.before this all started i did leave it on overnight.when i woke up the next morning the mpc was of course frozen and numbers were all over the screen.i currently have the sensor sheet disconnected.question.with the pad sheet disconnected,should my buttons,data wheel and knobs still be working?i assume the answer is yes.
By dexnefex Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:13 am
I know it's hard to trust stranger, but if you needed someone to look at it cheap I could do it, I've built around 10 of these and salvaged parts from more than that. We can PM if you feel like answering some questions. Easiest thing to do for troubleshooting is to remove any add ons and see how it acts, take out the RAM, CF, and HDD. If it still does it, reseat all cables. if it still does it, could be a bad MB (the chips get corrupted occassionally) or bad pad array.

We can help :)