Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Kerberos Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:05 pm
I bought an mpc1000 last friday, blue version with **** up pads. BUT, it was only 220€ and it has max ram, jjos1 and jjos2xl plus 256mb, 512mb and 2gb cf cards. It cost me 4€ to get a roll of aluminium tape to fix the pads to work as full level pads. I might get the pad upgrade in time, but at the moment i'm happy with these pads. I also updated jjos1 to v.5.00 and jjos2xl to jjos3. Can't wait to start banging beats tomorrow with this beast! Oh yeah, I'm planning to use the spdif in/out to connect the mpc1000 to my s3000xl so that I can use the preamps of the s3000xl with my mpc1000 => MPC1000 with MPC3000 sound 8)
By Lampdog Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:30 pm
SPDIF will not use the analog ad/da converters.

SPDIF is digital.
By Kerberos Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:41 am
S3000xl analog in > spdif out > MPC1000 Spdif in > bang the beat > spdif out > S3000xl spdif in > analog out
By Kerberos Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:25 am
Yep, I tested it yesterday, works nicely, though I need to get proper 75ohm spdif cables instead of audio cables.
By Kerberos Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:47 pm
Well, what can I say, those s3kXL preamps sound awesome. Right now i'm using it like mpc1000 st out > s3KXL analog in > analog out, just to get the sound. Propably tomorrow i'm gonna buy those spdif cables to get it work like i told earlier.
By Kerberos Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:08 am
Yeah sure, I will. But I'm quite busy the next few days so Imma post them next week :nod:
By ThobRom Fri Sep 12, 2014 2:10 pm
A 1000 and JJ is all you need.

It does everything that a sampler can do well.

The only caveat being the bad pads on early versions.

But you can fix that.

(if your into 24 bit, thats something the 1K doesn't do.)
By medearis Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:20 pm
^^ only thing I wish it would do is automatically time-stretch according to tempo (like on the OctaTrack). That thing is god-like at what it does.
By bliprock Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:11 am
patched phrase medearis. If not patched phrase cos you have XL or something then this can be side stepped with a pattern, then it will stick to tempo. Only draw back is that you have to chop by transients and then restitch the sample from a new program that you created to do this step. You can now assign that pattern to a pad and its the same as patched phrase. Wont be perfect pitch shifting but it will act like a patched phrase and stay to tempo. Add Qlink for pitch.
By Kerberos Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:36 pm
Wel, today I got the my cable order. In the receipt it says spdif 75ohm cables, but guess what, on the package it says VIDEO RCA!!!!!. I measured the cables with a multimeter, they're 0,4ohm, so they're just normal cables for analog use. I also ordered a pair of headphone buds, the left cable is broken from inside. I called the customer service and they're trying to figure out why I got the wrong cables and broken headphones.
Sooooo, posting the sound examples is gonna take a bit longer than expected. Sigh.... :Sigh:
By bliprock Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:37 am
Kerberos wrote:Wel, today I got the my cable order. In the receipt it says spdif 75ohm cables, but guess what, on the package it says VIDEO RCA!!!!!. I measured the cables with a multimeter, they're 0,4ohm, so they're just normal cables for analog use. I also ordered a pair of headphone buds, the left cable is broken from inside. I called the customer service and they're trying to figure out why I got the wrong cables and broken headphones.

A heads up about cable resistance for you. You can not just use a multimeter to check it as it is actually a sum of capacitance, resistance, and inductance. So it wont work unless you take in account of all this and length. see this link, though be warned its a lot of math. just make sure its the right type and you will find it will be rated correctly but you wont be able to tell unless you do the math.. here is the math, have fun :-D
http://www.epanorama.net/documents/wiri ... dance.html

So yeah, you are not gonna work if you just use multimeter like you are doing, as there is more to it than just resistance. Also cables have little resistance in reality, and as you can see from the link i gave above the math is needed to work it out, but in real terms you reading is right on and shows no breaks in it.

313 studio tricks wrote:how do you assign a pattern to a pad?

its in the manual. JJOS XL and JJOS 3 have this pattern to pad. You need to make patterns first though, but the great thing is it can have anything, from midi CC data only or a chopped break. You decide what you want in your pattern and make it. Then you just assign the pad to pattern mode in the main screen, but you need to tell it to loop or not, and also tell it the target track. this way you can use it to control lots of gear all on the one bank.