Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By computercontrolled Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:07 pm
I'm trying to figure out how to map a chord stab sample across the pads on ONLY Bank B. If i use the auto mode, it maps it across all pads. Basically, i have a drum kit on Bank A, and i want to have the chord sample spread across Bank B. I've looked and looked in the forum and the manual, and cannot find an answer. Is this even possible? Or do i have to actually assign the sample across the pads, and then tune them individually?

Also, (for now), i have the chord sample assigned to Pad 1 in the b bank, it appears to cut off the sample assigned to pad 1 in the A bank. This doesn't seem normal to me.
By Bugfix Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:41 pm
It had range function but it has no more. Well you could first make your stab on bank B with tunning and than set up bank A if you really need this on 1 program. BTW in program mode if you hold UNDO key and press another pad it will copy parameter.

Also, (for now), i have the chord sample assigned to Pad 1 in the b bank, it appears to cut off the sample assigned to pad 1 in the A bank. This doesn't seem normal to me.

Are they cutting only during playback?
Last edited by Bugfix on Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By computercontrolled Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:44 pm
I def don't need it in one program. Weird that such a useful function as a mapping range would be left out.
By computercontrolled Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:57 pm
I guess i either assign the same sample to multiple pads and tune them appropriately, or alter the tuning for each step of the sequence. I'll figure it out =o]