Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By fesboy82 Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:23 pm
I've been going in circles all day, have checked manual, searched the forums and been through the tutorials.

I'm trying to achieve what should be a very simple setup.

Midi Out A connected to OP-1, MPC Track 1 selected on Midi 1A - Pads successfully trigger OP-1.

Midi Out B connected to Microbrute, MPC Track 2 selected on Midi 1B - Pads successfully trigger Microbrute.

Perfect.

Now I want to add a Midi controller keyboard to Midi In 1, essentially replacing the job of the pads with some keys.

As I understand it, having Midi Thru set to "As Track" should route my keyboard to whatever Midi channel is selected on the active Track. So If I select Track 1, my keyboard should pass through the MPC to trigger the OP-1 on 1A, if I select Track 2 the keyboard should pass though to trigger the Microbrute on 1B.

I have tried this with 2 MIDI controller keyboards (Evolution MK-149, ESI Keycontrol 25) and neither work in the above manner. Whatever Track I select on the MPC, the Keyboard will only trigger the Midi channel selected on Track 1.

The only way to get it to work is to change the Channel on the Controller Keyboard itself to correspond with the Track selected on the MPC.

Example: Channel 1 on the keyboard will trigger the Midi Out selected on Track 1, if I change the keyboard channel to channel 2, it will now work in correspondence with the Midi Out selected on Track 2.

Fine, but I thought the "As Track" option was designed to accept on any channel and route through to the Midi out selected on the Track so you don't have to change it on the Keyboard controller?

Not a huge problem, just one of those niggles that has ended up consuming my entire day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

PS - Same results on both controller keyboards, cannot find Local modes as they are controllers only and do not produce sounds themselves.
By fesboy82 Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:36 pm
Wow, that was fast!

Bugfix wrote:What's "active track receive channel" in MIDi settings?

I can't seem to find "Active Track Receive Channel" in Midi settings. I am using JJOS 2XL 3.41.

Midi settings (Pad 9) are as follows:

Multi Timbre: On
In 2 Offset Channel: + 0
Soft Thru: As Track
Sequence Change by Program Change: Off
Midi Out After Touch: No

Sync In: Off
Sync Out: Off

Let me know if there's something I've missed, thanks!
By Bugfix Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:43 pm
Multitibre:
http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/multi3.htm

so.. you basically set it up
OR
1.multitimbre on + soft thru: omni AB, omni A/B
(because soft thru set: as track is just non-sense in that setting)

OR

2.multitibre off + active track receive channel: ALL, and soft thru: as track
(than it picks up MIDI from any channel and route to active track)

Fine, but I thought the "As Track" option was designed to accept on any channel and route through to the Midi out selected on the Track so you don't have to change it on the Keyboard controller?

YES.. with option 2.

http://www7a.biglobe.ne.jp/~mpc1000/os2xl/midisync3.htm

BTW update your OS to 3.45
By fesboy82 Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:54 pm
Fantastic! I had no idea having "multi timbre" set to "on" would hide the "Active Track Receive Channel" option, but that of course now makes total sense.

Have just tested and all is working as it should - easy when you know how!

Thanks for the swift replies dude, awesome!