Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Chias Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:52 pm
i am having trouble setting up my lil studio up as far as finding out which cables to put in the right places using my Tascam TM-D1000, MPC 1000, and UR 242 interface. I'm trying to set all this up on cubase 8, i would highly appreciate any feedback preferably simple as well, cause this shit can get complicated. :hmmm:
By bliprock Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:17 am
yeah nah, thats not complicated. ITs a pain in the rear if you do not have the MA-AD8 though, as it seems to be D-sub connector? I am only going by what I can see on the net.
So what are you trying to do? You are not clear on how you want to set it up. I assume you want to multitrack out from the MPC and go through desk to interface? and back again. Do you have SPDIF? SPDIF out from MPC into tascam then out to interface will be one way. Another is to make your own D-sub connector, not hard if you can solder but time consuming and can cost a bit. SPDIF wont multitrack though.
So from MPC you want to go multi outs to D-sub or MA-AD8, then out of mixer goes into interface into DAW. Then you use output of your interface into the tascam mixer. Be very careful when patching through the outs of interface into tascam as if you monitor it back into DAW you will blow your head off or blow up ya speakers with heinous feedback.
By Chias Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:48 am
so i would need an interface for the mixer to work basically? for example the MA-AD8... all i have is a TDIF wire and line in jacks about 2 feet long. What i want to do is mix my kicks, snares, and other sounds on each track using each channel of mixer after sequences are done and record final song on DAW such as cubase 8 but i just need to know any extra things to get to be able to do that. I understand its a 90s product but i believe there can be an easier way to do this.... i hope lol