Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Tgann11 Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:44 am
Is there anyway to do the round robin or pad cycle effect on my mpc 1000 with jjos2xl? I've got the raw 70s kit as well as the 60s funk kit, all with different samples and velocities of snares, kicks, hats, etc. I'd love to take advantage of that and get this nice real sound
By Tgann11 Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:52 pm
So, I dragged the 'XL' file over to my mpc. When I press 'DO IT' on one of them the 'Load a Program' page comes up. It says 'Load: With sample or Load: Program only' it also says "Replace same samples in memory" this is where I get confused. Because after i press DO IT, it shows all the sample sounds being loaded and then at the end it says 'File not found' I feel like I'm just missing something small.
By Tgann11 Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:21 pm
Alright I just did, now do I put 'yes' or 'no' where it says Replace see samples in memory?
By Tgann11 Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:40 pm
Its still saying file not found after I try and load the program. Still feel like I'm missing something small here
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:19 pm
Go to PROGRAM, select the kit and play the pads - does it play? Any pads have a '?' on them - if so, please give examples? I just tested both 60s and 70s kits and they load fine in the latest JJOS2XL 3.54, no errors, so the problem is definitely localised to your set up. Possibilities:

1) your card is getting errors - try a different card, or try reformatting (remember this will wipe the card)
2) you have somehow lost or renamed some of the sounds during transfer - make sure you have not changed the contents of the 'MPC1000-2500...' folder and transfer everything over
3) you have a very old JJOS2XL installed (latest is 3.54)
4) you are not loading the correct PGM files for OSXL - ' 70s-kit-JJOSXL.PGM' and '60s_kit-JJXL.PGM'
By Tgann11 Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:18 pm
I loaded the program, as well as the samples and it pretty much just laid it out for me, cycling through and everything. Only certain pads don't cycle like the open hi hat and closed hi hat. I currently just loaded all the samples belonging to the 60s funk kit and set the pad to 'cycle' and am going through manually, for example, putting different snare hits on A1, B1,C1,D1. It's only when I try to load the program WITH samples does it come up 'FILE NOT FOUND' but when i load the program by itself and load the samples seperately it lays it out for me.Is there a preferred/easier method? A certain way its supposed to be done? Also thanks for answering my questions.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:18 pm
Not sure why you are getting that error other than one of the possibilities I mentioned previously, you definitely don't need to load the sounds individually. The Open hat/closed hat are not cycled because in OSXL you have to choose between mute groups or cycle, and I felt muting was more important but you can easily change this if you prefer.
By Tgann11 Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:04 pm
Yeah I realized the whole cycle or mute thing. I'm loading the program, no samples, then going back and loading the entire kit (not individually) and it sets it up for me. But you're saying i should just be able to load the program with samples and be done? Do you think the order in which i downloaded files could be an issue?
By Lampdog Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 pm
Program is looking for a file that has...
been renamed. Programs only remembers filenames at the time the program was saved.
not there.
in a dif folder. MPC's cannot read across folders.