Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By aelita Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:36 pm
Hi there,

Seeing people getting all sort of problemes past a certain time of use; is it silly to even think about buying a so old machine?

Seller tells that the machine is working properly and has the new style pads.

Any advice?

Thankx`
By SILIS101 Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:33 am
Used MPC's that are that old are bought and sold every day.
MPC1000 specific, look for a listing that says it has new pad sensors. If the listing doesn't mention it, then ask the seller if it has a sensor sheet (all 16 pads on one sheet) or single pad sensor (single sensor for each of the 16 pads).

You want the one with a sensor sheet. Otherwise you may end up with dead single pads. A new updated sensor sheet can be bought from mpcstuff.com

If I were to buy a 1000 I would buy this one on eBay right now because this price is ridiculously low for what you get for that price.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AKAI-MPC1000-Upgraded-w-XLCD-JJOS-Fat-Pads-New-Pad-Sensors/182994982908?hash=item2a9b59d7fc:g:IygAAOSw6VRaQvis
By rikrubio Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:00 pm
I bought the original blue one off eBay a couple of years back. The first thing that I had to fix was the pads. The next thing you'd have to invest in is the software. The original Akai programming sucks. It's outdated and freezes every time you are in the grove. If you don't save, all is lost. The JJOS fixed that right up, plus improved it a lot.