Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By DPM Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:42 pm
that black n red 1000, got a little Chicago Bulls vibe goin on, except for the blue around the screen.

i like the side panels too
By sciguy Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:17 am
yeah that mpc is cool, except the blue screen border and the purple bar buttons... bleh

would go nice with one of the new microkorgs:
By peeping tom Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:12 am
sciguy wrote:yeah that mpc is cool, except the blue screen border and the purple bar buttons... bleh

would go nice with one of the new microkorgs:

that looks **** sick. be like that keyboard set up to look like a sith
By Ronald Rukus Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:47 pm
almost finished my own light browish wood panels.
Old mpc 2000 style face plate on its way along with the moog style knobs
now just gotta decide which color of Pads to get, im leaning for orange or lime green

So stoked!
By sciguy Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:51 am
Ronald Rukus wrote:almost finished my own light browish wood panels.
Old mpc 2000 style face plate on its way along with the moog style knobs
now just gotta decide which color of Pads to get, im leaning for orange or lime green

So stoked!

made your own wood panels? I did that earlier this year for mine.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=152346
I really like the rough look they have. The chips and dents and scratches give it character. :-D

Haven't done any other modding to my mpc, I kinda like the look of it now.
By Ronald Rukus Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:01 am
sciguy wrote:made your own wood panels? I did that earlier this year for mine.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=152346
I really like the rough look they have. The chips and dents and scratches give it character. :-D

Haven't done any other modding to my mpc, I kinda like the look of it now.

Yeah i have actually followed a similar procedure.
I just used a lighter stain i guess. ill post some flicks when all is done. Should be ordering the pads tomorrow or tuesday.
Just waiting on being sure of my color
By The Sandman Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:18 pm
Still in progress. Not going crazy probably just add the wood sides and a new screen, not sure which yet. I'm thinking either the blue/black or the white.

By The Sandman Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:28 pm
**** wrote:nice.

where do you got the knobs and data wheel from?

Thanks. The knobs came off an old Tascam DAT deck and the data wheel I ordered off of Ebay from some electronics parts place in China. It was actually taller so I had to cut it down. While I was cutting it the top got scratched so I went ahead and used the Dremel on it to scratch it up completely to give it a rough look so you wouldn't notice. I have a another though, I think I'm going to go to a metal shop and have them cut it for me.
By damien907 Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:27 am
that one is pretty unique, not exaclty my style, but its cool to see you did that to it. the rec gain and volume knob look like some robotic nipples. :lol: :lol: :lol:
By 7even18 Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:27 pm
Hi, Would anyone be able to provide information on precise size/dimensions/specs for the mpc 1000 Gain and Record knobs.

I'm interested in getting some custom knobs produced.

Please let me know. Thank you.