Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By cubilas Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:37 pm
I'm diggin the orange shine!
Mine's not all that custom as physical appearance goes, but the integral heart of my audio center.
JJOS128XL on XL Screen & 32GB card, 5xMIDI Out Split / 5XMIDI IN Switchbox
(connected to & from Korg MS-1, MKXL+, KP3+, SP-555, Yamaha DJ-XIIB, Maudio Keystation Pro 88) routed into Boss BR-800.

By peeping tom Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:52 am
man i must see that back midi port haha
By ThobRom Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:46 am
Nice.
The gold plugs in the back look extra bling when its all blacked out.

You gotta get the blue screen dude.
After everything else you cant just stop right there with a green screen.

The only thing that keeps me from going for a kick ass screen is that I'd have to get all the LEDs done.
(One day, I bought a lottery ticket.)
By dexnefex Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:27 am
thanks man, yeah the screen is next, then I'm done with this thing ... the LED's aren't as bad as you think, you can get them cheap online, and soldering them is relatively simple if you read a few tutorials and take your time.
By ThobRom Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:28 pm
dexnefex wrote:thanks man, yeah the screen is next, then I'm done with this thing ... the LED's aren't as bad as you think, you can get them cheap online, and soldering them is relatively simple if you read a few tutorials and take your time.

I was thinking about it.
There's some guy on ebay selling them.
They've also got blue screens for 65+5.

I'd have to get a decent soldering iron, which I'd like to have anyway.
Its an investment of time and money from a sparse reservoir of either.

I might eventually just flip the one I've got and then reinvest it into one thats closer to done already.
By dexnefex Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:44 pm
yeah I've already got one of those screen in my watch list, I think his come with the board attached anyway, so you wouldnt need to solder anything. I have a decent Weller iron with removable tips that I got from MSCDirect for like $25
By master-ceo Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:25 pm
Bump! MPCStuff still put that shit logo on the pads? :WTF:
By distortedtekno Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:21 pm
The Nukai logo would actually look better than the piece of tape that's covering it. But that's just my opinion. 8)

EDIT: I just got a close-up and noticed the other labels. I like the D.I.Y. theme. It fits the 1K, given the nature of the machine's modifications. :nod:
By Karman_Lyne Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:48 pm

Old thread and old MPC, but I finally got around to replacing the pads adding those all important wooden end panels...newbie so apologies if the image isn't up to snuff
By JUKE 179r Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:30 pm
Karman_Lyne wrote:Image

Old thread and old MPC, but I finally got around to replacing the pads adding those all important wooden end panels...newbie so apologies if the image isn't up to snuff

No image mate. At least not on my iPhone.
By distortedtekno Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:12 pm
JUKE 179r wrote:
Karman_Lyne wrote:Image

No image mate. At least not on my iPhone.

I don't see an image either.