Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Mohammed Tue May 11, 2010 2:32 pm
I bought a 2nd hand mpc1000 and it works like shit, the pads stutter as hell, and also when i record patterns, the sequencer just throws the timing off beat. I have jjos1 installed. Factory reset didnt help either
I tap the kick right on the click of the metronome and when i play it back its off timing.

What can i do about this? Should i go back to the seller or try some reset things??
By Pastor-of-Muppets Tue May 11, 2010 3:07 pm
is the timing always off by the same amount? check the "Timing Correct" (TC) screen, there's a Shift Timing setting which offsets the notes from when you play them

I don't know about the stuttering pads, they might be knackered - is it a red & blue model with the old pads?
By Pastor-of-Muppets Fri May 14, 2010 1:37 pm
Mohammed wrote:TC was ON (16th note)

but what about the Shift Timing field?

see those words I wrote up there, "Shift" and "Timing"? I didn't do it just to exercise my fingers.

is the timing off for all notes by the same amount, or some more than others? maybe you've got a swing setting on. try holding down ERASE when you install JJOS to make sure you clear out any settings that might be the problem, because it could be a feature of JJOS that you don't know about, rather than a bug
By poker Sat May 15, 2010 5:20 am
Mohammed wrote:Weird it turned out to be Jj OS1, i reainstalled the akai official os and everything was ok.

I had problems after install JJOS1 as well. My data wheel only worked after 3 spins and my left cursor was slow. My beats stuttered like crazy. I put back the Akai OS and now all is normal.

I hope my new RAM comes in tomorrow.