Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By elevated Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:19 pm
damn1000 wrote:so there´s no difference if you choose "Music A" or "percussion" or whatever? :?:

Based on my testing,,, NO DIFFERENCE at all. I choose 6 different settings at random, ran copies of the same sample through each, and then compared the results on headphones.

Over 50+ options that are identical. :lol: :lol:
By damn1000 Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:15 am
elevated wrote:NO DIFFERENCE at all.

I tried it too.... Did it with a sample from vinyl and used about 10 different "settings".
Seems you´re right as my blunted ears couldn´t find any difference.
If i was blindfolded, i could never distinguish between the samples.
So either my hearing or that timestretch-menu isn´t too useful...
By Sooty_G Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:56 am
it might be an incomplete remnant of the original akai os. remember JJ & the main programmer split from akai before the mpc os was completed. the time stretch might have been something that more work was supposed to go into but akai didn't have the know-how to finish it up so they just released it as is. who knows?
By elevated Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:02 pm
Bee-eater wrote:Out of curiosity, has anyone tried various settings on various types of material, instead of just various settings on a single sample?

Lol forgot all about this,,,

I bugged out the day I discovered this,, Tested w/ various samples for over an hour, with no difference in results. I welcome u to discover otherwise though, and shed some light on this cruel joke :lol: