Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By masek93 Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:51 am
i think it's impossible to do it, but i heard some people did it..i just dont know how. I'd like to hear how you do it(if you ever did it). Since i can't upgrade to a 128mb memory cause of my low ball budget i need help formatting my internal memory...i just want a blank mpc and only load my drums and samples from my cf card. If ya'll know how...LMK

thanks!! :)
By konc3pt Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:33 pm
where did you hear some people did it I'd like to know myself ?? cuz as far as I know it's not possible..ram is only $10-15...how can you swing few hundid dolla mpc but cant pick up few dollar ram ? no dis
By Metatron72 Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:23 am
the.hungry1 wrote:alright here's what i did. turn it on without anything set to autoload. load up a tiny drum sound and then choose to save entire memory to the internal memory. if you do it right it'll clear everything out except for that.

I'd always heard you were just stuck with it, thanks for the tip.
By konc3pt Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:56 pm
the.hungry1 wrote:alright here's what i did. turn it on without anything set to autoload. load up a tiny drum sound and then choose to save entire memory to the internal memory. if you do it right it'll clear everything out except for that.

so after you do that if you perform factory reset those sounds, sequences and programs wont come back ?
By the.hungry1 Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:25 am
konc3pt wrote:so after you do that if you perform factory reset those sounds, sequences and programs wont come back ?

not sure ive never tried, delete is delete though. then again they might if it's hardwired into the reset process. i dont even mess with the factory kits anymore but when i did i just dl'ed em from the akai site under docs and downloads on the 1k page. load em up to your cf card/hdd and voila. so you can always just get em again from the akai site. is that what you meant?