Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By forssto Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:27 pm
Hi!

I'm sorry if this question has been answered time and time again. I tried searching, but couldn't find any help.

I used to own an MPC 4000 for years and I have a huge program library sitting on a hard drive. Yesterday I got an MPC 1000 and ran into the issue of it being unable to read .apk files right out the gate.

I'm obviously able to convert the .apk files to .pgms using something like Blue Box, but the number of programs I have is well in the hundreds, it'd take me forever to go through all of them manually.

So does anybody know an application that can do this conversion in batch or alternatively a command line utility that can do it. I'm well versed enough in programming that I could easily script the batch myself if a utility would take care of the actual translation of files.

Thanks for all your help in advance!
By JeriKo Jackson Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:39 am
been at this chicken systems translator for a couple hours with no success... about to give awave a go. I could be making tracks instead! smh.

UPDATE: I love this place.... ALWAYS an answer to what i don't know. Awave is fast and painless. kudos Angel!