Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By 313 studio tricks Sat May 17, 2014 2:41 pm
version 2 for the 2nd page yall :nod:

ok i found out that you can only access the top CF slot with the IDE to CF adapter listed above. and the CF to SD adapter only supports up to 64GB but i just bought one that allows up to 256GB, of course the mpc 1000 can only see 128gb so i bought a 128GB MicroSD on new egg for $119. not a bad price. now i have a 64GB in my CF card slot and a 128GB in my HDD slot. works great!

new total = about $150, you could probably save some on the IDE > CF by finding a less expensive one.

LINK> so its this (or any) IDE to CF adapter:

LINK> with this CF adapter:

LINK> and this 128GB MicroSD:

By 313 studio tricks Thu May 29, 2014 10:08 pm
as it turns out, the first CF to SD adapter works the best of the 2 i listed for the 128GB micro sd also listed above on this page. so now im running the 128GB in the IDE to CF adapter, and running one of the 64GB cards i bought originally in the CF slot on the front of the 1000. theoretically i could run a 128GB in the card slot, i tried it and it works. thats a fuckload of disk space. kick arse!

By Eduardo.Macias Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:53 am
Eduardo.Macias wrote:Has anybody tried running this:
I'm trying to run it in the front slot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dual-Port-Micro ... 58be640de8

Does it read both MicroSD? Do they both have to be the same capacity or can i use for example a 64GB and a 2GB ? (i have lots of these random 2GB from old broken phones).

Thanks!

OK, so i went ahead and bought this Dual MicroSD to CF adapter and I thought I'd share my experiences with it so far:

I went ahead and inserted two MicroSD cards I had laying around from old phones, a 2GB and a 4GB. At first the MPC1000 could not read them so i went ahead and reformat them to FAT32.

The MPC1000 only took the 4GB and made that the total free space. It did NOT combine both cards and gave me the 6GB total i was expecting.
However (this is where it gets weird), If i format the cards together in the adapter (4GB+2GB) and decided to take out one of the cards out (doesn't matter which one) and pop it back in, it won't read your files. So it somehow does read both slots of the adapter but you can't add up their capacity. Lame i know. :(

I decided then to try poping in my 64GB XC1 and formatted that on the MPC in slot 1 of the adapter. The MPC effectively registered "Card Free=60888MB" and on my Mac plugged via USB = 63.95 GB.

Soo...after all that just out of curiosity, I inserted the 4GB into slot 2 right next the 64GB (both formatted via the MPC1000) and it went back to only reading 4GB. Then i tried reformatting both cards (4GB+64GB) at the same in the adapter and my total came up to 4GB again.

So in conclusion, having that second slot on the adapter did not show any benefit VS having 1 slot. However you can effectively use it as a single slot in case you decide to try your own luck with it.

Hope this was useful to someone, I know this might be common sense to some but its all new to a noob like me, so thought i'd give my 2 cents on it.

NOTE: All this was done only through the front slot.