Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By d. realist Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:14 pm
OK, I recently came on hold of this audio interface
https://www.music-group.com/Categories/ ... M2/p/P0AVV
and I thought about using it to track a couple of my song to a DAW (probably Cubase) from my MPC 1000.
It is something I have never done, as I used to do my mixing in the MPC.
Anyone to explain how to connect it to do my tracking? I don't mind having to track one channel at a time.
Thanks in advance.
By Lampdog Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:04 pm
2 ch at a time is going to be the limit. The audio interface will be your sound card for the computer.
Sound card input can be chosen in Cubase for track input.

mpc main out to audio interface in.
(make sure you have drivers for the audio interface installed on your computer, reboot after installation)
audio interface usb to computer.
By d. realist Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:03 pm
Thank you for your answer man, you made it clear.
As for the cables that I need, I understand I must use one of those
from my MPC's main outs to my interface? (with the proper adaptors)
My channels will be recorded in stereo that way, right?
By Lampdog Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:02 pm
Nope, wrong cable. Use these EXACT cables instead. Make sure the 1/4 <-> 1/4 cables for the
back of the mpc ONLY has 2 metal and 1 plastic ring JUST like in the picture.

By Lampdog Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:59 pm
USB cable physically carries all interface ports inputs into the computer. You can choose inside Cubase and put them on whatever track you want, a stereo track (input 1+2) or mono track (input 1 or 2).

Some more featured interfaces have many many ports and can carry all those ports into computer. Once you connect this up you'll see answers to your questions right in front of you, hook it up man! Good luck.
By Lampdog Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:15 pm
It's a smaller no fluff basic interface. You should have no problem getting what you want out of it. Come back and let us how it goes. Anything else that comes up, we can iron those issues out also.

:-D
By zorkwolf Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:57 pm
Hello folks !!

Reviving this post for some questions about an issue I'm facing !!
I'm surfing through the net for answers and trying stuffs for hours but still can't find any solution.

I have a Steinberg UR22 mk2 since last september. I've almways connected my MPC 1000 to the audio interface with a Roland cable 1/4-inch TRS (connected in one input of the UR22) to two 1/4-inch (connected to the stereo outputs L and R of the MPC). I have mostly used this set up connect the MPC to speakers alongside a mic or a mixer (to which is connected a turntable). To me it had always been working correctly this way.
I hadn't used the UR22 for like 2 or 3 months (it were cautiously packed by that time) when 2 weeks I noticed a problem on it. I sent the AI to the suppliers and received it back this week.
Now when I connect the MPC (the same way as before) to the AI, low frequencies are almost off. If I slightly pull out the cable from the AI, everything is fine, except of course some "wind" at a higher level.
I don't get what's wrong with it !!

I also have 2 mono unbalanced jack cables. So I tried to connect both of them to the MPC and to both of the AI's inputs. It works perfectly.

But still I don't get what's wrong with it when I use the "1/4-inch TRS to two 1/4-inch" cable.

NB : UR22 mk2 inputs can be either balanced or unbalanced (http://download.steinberg.net/downloads ... _om_a0.pdf)
- I have the exact same problem while connecting the mixer to the AI with a Roland cable 1/4-inch TRS to two RCA connectors. I've tried connecting it with other cables (two RCA connectors to mini-jack then plugged into a jack adaptator) and have the same problem. If I connect the mixer (by any mean I have) to the MPC, it works when I slghtly pull out the jack of the MPC input (I'm almost sure the problems comes from the MPC there)

I wanted to have other opinions before buying cables to make different attempts.

I had never paid a real attention to cable features until now. After trying and getting information all day I'm getting confused. I hope my explanations where clear !!

Thanks in advance.

Zorkwolf
By dazastah Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:56 pm
You are essentially sending the left and right signal of the mpc into a balanced mono input of the ur22/ai ... Causing a phase cancellation as the mono input is designed to take one signal only.. The ur22 thinks it is receiving a balanced signal because it is has a trs jack plugged into it. Mono = 1 channel Stereo = 2 channels The urr22 has two mono inputs... Use the unbalanced leads , Mpc left out into urr input 1 , mpc right out into ur22 input 2...