Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By luckypyjamas Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:55 am
The ram clips in my mpc are broken, and mpc stuff no longer sells the replacement holder. Instead I would have to buy a replacement for the entire ram slot, which is more expensive than I can handle and probably something I would have difficulty installing anyway. My question then is, does anybody know of a a way to sort of jury rig it so the ram will stay in place without the clips? I'm kind of desperate to fix this
By mr_debauch Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:14 am
good luck.. maybe you might be able to use a glue gun or something...
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:49 pm
Hopefully you should be able to Jury Rig something together using items found laying about the house, shed, garage etc. I'm not sure how much room you have to work with as it's been light years since I've opened the ram cover up but you might be able to use a couple of small thin cable ties on the plastic sides off the ram holder to hold it firmly in place.

Failing that you might be able to use double sided sticky tape, elastic bands or maybe even just some duct tape over the front of it to get it to hold firmly in place. Just need to experiment with different bits around the place, maybe you find something at work that might be good to fix it with but but it is certainly a doable fix, good luck with it :nod:
By luckypyjamas Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:53 am
Thank you guys, I was kind of thinking of trying glue but I wasn't sure if it would damage it. I'll try a few things then