Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By aprim Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:04 am
So I went and changed the arrow keys tact switches. Pretty easy job but when I put the MPC 1000 back together the f2 and f5 keys stopped working. I've done everything even took it to a local shop to check my solder was ok and it even though it's not the cleanest job all the arrow keys work fine.

If I press F2 and F5 together they make the BANK D turn on. very weird , any suggestions? If I hit them solo nothing happens.

Thanks
By JUKE 179r Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:24 pm
Depending what brand tact switch you bought (cheap ass Chinese ones off of ebay?) it could be a bad tact switch or you accidentally soldered some traces together.
To rule out the tact switch, carefully unsolder the tact switches and do a continuity check across the leads with a multimeter.
By Mellanowski Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:20 pm
Hi. I'm having the exact same problem. Everything as described. After soldering with original tact switches from mpcstuff two arrow keys, f2 and f5 stopped working. Already did factory reset but problem still persists.
Does anybody found a solution?