Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By aligakore Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:17 am
Hello!

I am facing a problem while trying to sync synths to my MPC. Actually, the internal sequencers of my synths are starting...What I would like to do is send the sequence (notes) from the MPC as well as the clock so that if the arpeggiator is on, it is synced with the clock of the track but I don't want to use sequences stored on my synths. I think that in MIDI clock, start and stop messages are also sent out...is there a way to turn it off?

Thanks a lot for your support,

Math
By Wal Martian Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:25 pm
You only have to send MIDI out from the MPC into the synths. You might have to change settings in the synth such as the MIDI channel. You might have to change the mode your synth is operating in (i.e. some synth call it OMNI mode). On the MPC main screen set a track to MIDI and choose the MIDI output (A, B) and the channel (1-16). For the tempo go in the MIDI screen and sent sync out to the port you're using (A, B).