Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Natemasterflex Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:56 am
So yeah, I looked absolutely everywhere for a guide of what hard drives work and if any solid states worked. Lots of talk, but absolutely no facts or pictures. So here's my install. Normal MPC 1000 "HDM10" or equivalent hard drive kit and this ssd: http://m.ebay.com/itm/121854563005?_mwBanner=1

It's a Fasion Sprout 32gb SSD 2.5"
I chose this one because the larger the drive the slower the loading with this machine. I paid $10 on EBay. It is lightning fast and can stand up to abuse unlike spinning drives and CF cards held down by tape in a hot machine.lol It replaced my old 100gb Fujitsu model MHV2100AT that took quite a few seconds to load and was bound to failure due to high heat and excessive finger drumming. Not to mention hauling from gig to gig. In 2005 I think I paid over $350 for the Fujitsu and HDM10 kit!
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:24 pm
Cool and nice work there Natemasterflex, thanks for sharing the information of an actual working SSD for the 1000 :smoker:
By twist1ne Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:35 pm
Hello. Great info, thanks for sharing. I'm thinking I'd prefer the 64 GB or 128 GB version though, assuming the speed issue you've noted with larger drives is reasonable. Are you talking about a difference of minutes or seconds between the speeds of larger drives? Assuming we're loading around 128MB of data to RAM.

Thanks for any guidance you can provide. I look forward to upgrading.
By horisonten Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:48 pm
So yeah, I looked absolutely everywhere for a guide of what hard drives work and if any solid states worked. Lots of talk, but absolutely no facts or pictures. So here's my install. Normal MPC 1000 "HDM10" or equivalent hard drive kit and this ssd: http://m.ebay.com/itm/121854563005?_mwBanner=1

It's a Fasion Sprout 32gb SSD 2.5"
I chose this one because the larger the drive the slower the loading with this machine. I paid $10 on EBay. It is lightning fast and can stand up to abuse unlike spinning drives and CF cards held down by tape in a hot machine.lol It replaced my old 100gb Fujitsu model MHV2100AT that took quite a few seconds to load and was bound to failure due to high heat and excessive finger drumming. Not to mention hauling from gig to gig. In 2005 I think I paid over $350 for the Fujitsu and HDM10 kit!

Did you have to solder the jumper cable to get it to work?