Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By RecordsManipulate Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:19 pm
Dear friends,
I have this issue with my mpc 1000
i make a program with different samples, i save on a sequence different tracks, so i can play with track mute and so on.
Then, I save everything in a new folder.
When i start the machine again and i load, sometime it load everything correctly.
BUT other times, it doesn't save correctly. Like, for example yesterday i saved the project i was working.
It was the second time i was working on that project so the first time was saved correctly, and I had 5 tracks recorded.
Yesterday i added like another 5 tracks, and saved the project and overwrote it.
Today when i opened the project, only 5 tracks are recorded on that sequence, so basically i lost all my work of yesterday. Just the new samples are saved in the folder (at least).
This is getting really annoying because i cannot rely on a machine which doesn't save correctly!

ANy suggestions please?

I am using JJ OS:3.16
Extreme compact flash sandisk 8gb
60mb/s

Thanks a lot for your support!
Daniele
By Lampdog Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:54 pm
Save entire memory.

Do that until you figure out exactly what each file type does.

After you experiment some and figure out what each type does THEN you should be free
to save whatever however without worry.
By Lampdog Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:21 pm
1 folder should be used for 1 complete song.

All samples, SEQ, APS, ALL, MID, SEQ, etc. All in the same folder.

MPC cannot read through seperate folders. Are you saving your complete song to the same folder?
By Lampdog Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:15 pm
Did you rename ANY file after saving? When loading project files mpc will look for the last saved name of files only. If you renamed something in ANY WAY mpc will not find it and move on to loading others listed in the project file that are in the same folder.