Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Ricardo Fri May 12, 2017 10:55 pm
Hi,

I have just bought an MPC 1000.
Is it possible with akai OS to loop a sample in one shot (not nedding to hold the pad)?

Thanks,

Ricardo
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Tue May 30, 2017 8:35 pm
Hi Ricardo, yes it is possible to loop a sample on the Akai OS. Just follow these steps and you should be looping in time.

1) Make sure your sample is set to loop (in the trim screen)
2) Put the pad to note-on
3) Then on main screen make sure you leave the cursor on any numerical field such as bpm, sequence number, bar number etc
4) Now push the pad while leaving your finger on it while you click the numeric button,
5) Let go of the pad and click the numeric button again to stop it flashing, this also stops you messing with the numbers when you push another pad.

The sample will now loop until you hit the same pad again

Also I believe you can do the same with this method as well (Thanks to Bugfix for putting me onto this method :smoker: )

1) Make sure your sample is set to loop (in the trim screen)
2) Put the pad to note-on
3)Now push the pad, leave your finger on it and press one of those buttons twice (2x) preferably fast : next sequence, or track mute
4)Let go of the pad.