Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By lolzmania Thu May 25, 2017 5:14 pm
I had two bad tact switches (up and down cursor keys) so I replaced them today. After replacing one I turned on the unit and tested and it worked fine, but when i replaced the second one the unit turns on to "MPC 1000 Boot Block. Boot on SODIMM Memory check mode". It does 4 passes and my unit passes each one and after all the passes the mpc boots normally like it should and nothing is wrong. But it does Boot Block every time i turn it on which is annoying. I'm relieved that the mpc still functions but I'm wondering why it boots to boot block??? did I bump something while unplugging the board?? I reseated all the ribbon cables that connect to the board and checked for any shorts or broken traces. I also reseated and tried different ram. Any help is appreciated thanks
By lolzmania Thu May 25, 2017 5:23 pm
just tried booting without the board that has all the buttons and jogwheel on it and it boots normally... so confused.. the board is in good shape
By lolzmania Thu May 25, 2017 5:36 pm
So I've been troubleshooting and trying to isolate the issue. I unplugged the small connector above the tap tempo key, its labelled P205. and when that is unplugged it boots normally. very odd
By kountryboi84 Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:47 am
Hey guys my experience with BOOT BLOCK comes from the SCREWS on the corners of the PCB BOARD becoming LOOSE over time. I used to notice that while cleaning my mpc that if I did not tighten the screws ALL THE WAY DOWN that I would get BOOT BLOCK. This can also happen from the vibration of hitting the pads over time also. So simply open the unit and RE-TIGHTEN the small black screws that secure the PCB BOARD by a HALF TURN TO QUARTER TURN, this should fix the ERROR. AVOID OVERTIGHTENING and STRIPPING SCREWS. Also while the unit is open reseat the RIBBONS to make sure they are properly secure. I hope this helps, good luck!!