Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Noghosts Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:32 pm
Mpc 1000w/ Jj os 3.15
Already read the manual...

So I am attempting to play samples from my mpc with a midi keyboard. I have one sample pitched chromatically across all four banks so I can play chords and melodies with them on my keyboard. The keyboard is triggering the pads, but my problem is that instead of being in order (like C1 triggering pad A1, C#1 triggering pad A2) they seem to be triggering random pads out of order (Like C1 triggering pad A1, then C#1 triggering a random pad in the B bank, then D1 triggering another random pad in another bank.)
I assume it has to do with the 'note' page under 'midi/sync' but when I tried to rearrange all the banks and put them in order it had no effect on which key triggers which pad.
Help would be greatly appreciated
By waggz Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:17 am
Different MIDI controllers send different Notes to the MPC and may not sync correctly. I had to set my Cirklon to send the note number instead of the actual note and was able to resolve the issue. You may need to find the note number layout for your MIDI controller and then correspond that with your MPC pad layouts. There is a MIDI note number for each sample in your program.
By Lampdog Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:25 am
And after you set that up save that blank PGM and use it as a default template everytime you use the midi kybd.