Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Tgann11 Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:23 pm
I just downloaded the 70s raw drum kit as well as the pro studio and 60s funk kit. I have an mpc 1000 with JJOS2XL so I'm trying to install the correct program it's telling me to. Only when I put it on my mpc instead of it having the file icon next to it it has the 9 little squares, so I can't browse through the sounds. Anyone know what's up? I feel like it's quite simple I just don't know
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:31 pm
I'm not quite sure what you mean regarding not being able to browse through the sounds? What happens when you select the PGM file and hit 'Do It' - does it load the program and sounds into memory? If not, what error messages are you getting? Are you able to load any of the PGM files across all three samplepacks? Which version of JJOS are you running?
By Tgann11 Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:51 pm
When I press do it a window shows up, I'm not around my mpc to tell you what it says exactly, but when I press enter from that window it loads all the sounds really quickly which looks like it's gonna do the job but then at the end it says' "file not found " I'm running version 3.53
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:57 pm
I've sent you an email about this:

Normally ‘file not found’ means that either the associated samples themselves haven’t been transferred with the PGM file, or the card you are using is beginning to fail. You need to transfer the entire 'MPC1000/2500/500/JJOS’ folder over to your card so the PGMs and all their associated WAV samples are there together - then when you load the PGM file, the samples will also load. There should be approximately 259 wav samples and 5 PGM files in the entire ‘MPC1000/2500/500/JJOS’ folder for the Raw 70s Kit and they should all be transferred over to your CF card. Can you check this?