Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By +Vader Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:34 am
Hi everyone!

After decades of PC abuse I finally decided to go hardware for live setups, but I need some info before spending the money. (Please don't advise buying a laptop)
The setup so far consists of a Kaossilator Pro and a Korg Zero 4 mixer, but I have tons of loop material created on Reason, so I figured the MPC 1000 seems fit for the job of including those in a live set (given its sequencer and the multiple outputs)
I already read the original manual two times and I'm aware of the JJOS (although its manual crushed me underfoot last evening), which is a path I'm ready to take - so consider it bought for the sake of answers

I'm here because no review talks about loading time which seems a big deal in a live environment, but I have other concerns too:
Can I play one song from RAM while loading another one in a different Pad Bank?
Ideally I should be able to load different songs' ingredients to different Pad Banks (in one go), but as far as I know, I either LOAD full PROGRAMS (with four banks), or start fiddling with individual SAMPLES.
If there's a short cut for such cases (like LOAD FOLDER), please tell me about it!

I can circumvent the whole problem with the mixer's loop recorder playing back the last sequences while I'm frantically loading the new song, but right now this seems like a last resort
The other way would be to save four songs I can mix well with each other in one PROGRAM, but that imposes a heavy restriction on improvisation

The other thing I'm curious about is the RAM usage with some MIDI input to tweak the MIXER and FX parameters - is that even possible in a live situation?

Last question (for now):
Where are MIXER parameters saved? Sample mixer stuff into SAMPLES, and Track Mixer into SEQUENCES?