Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By 5U-7_(7ON) Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:54 am
I've owned a 1K and have helped a few of my friends buy their 1Ks. Recently, I helped my buddy find a nice 1K on Craigslist running JJOS 128XL.

I told him that he'd be able to plug in the MPC to his Mac via USB to transfer files to the hd and back. We're using .wav files, we've plugged it in before booting the MPC, after booting the MPC, before booting the MAC, after booting the MAC, and every possible combination we could think of.

He likes to sample vinyl in Logic X, then pick out snippets to sequence on the MPC. What happens when we transfer a .wav file from his MAC, though, is the file name shows up on the MPC's hd, with a small file size, but is unplayable. We've tried all of the output jacks, routing options, etc.

The hd seems fine, as he can save and cue up samples that he's recorded on the MPC directly. I think he's running OSX Sierra or Yosemite... is there a chance that the newer OSXs are not compatible with the 1K? Anyone have a problem like this before?

[New to the forums, hope this is the correct category for this topic, btw, despite this MPC running JJOS.]
By 5U-7_(7ON) Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:59 am
MPC-Tutor wrote:The file created in Logic is most likely 24 bit - the MPC1000 can only read 16 bit / 44.1kHz wav files so you'll need to convert them in Logic before transferring.

Thank you MPC-Tutor for your quick reply. Alas, we have double checked this variable as well.

The known variables we are aware of so far are:

HARDWARE:

-bad USB port on MPC - checked; Mac seems to recognize MPC as a disk image when plugged in
-bad USB port on Mac - checked; used multiple USB ports to connect MPC
-bad USB cable - checked, used multiple cables
-bad CF card - checked, bought two CFs that are under 2gb
-bad CF card reader on MPC - checked, able to save samples recorded directly into MPC onto CF
-bad CF card reader for Mac - checked, we've tested other files types which have all transferred flawlessly
-MPC hd failure - checked, able to save internally, plenty of free space

SOFTWARE:

-wrong file extension from Logic - checked, using .wav
-wrong bit depth in Logic - checked, using 16 bit only
-wrong sampling rate in Logic - checked, using 44.1 kHz only
-Mac OS X El Capitan incompatible with MPC 1000 - **not checked**
-possible JJ OS 128XL issue? - **not checked** I know JJ OS recently released a new update for the XLCD, and I was thinking we should try updating to that. However, I have not read about anyone experiencing this issue with JJ OS and highly doubt that this is the problem.

I conjured up this list from memory... anything I might be missing? My guess is that we're going to need to test this out on an older Mac OS X.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:09 am
If the files do actually appear on your MPC disk then I doubt the problem is related to the Mac itself. I have never had problems using Mac and JJOS, any version of either. I'm on both Sierra and el capitn ATM and files transfer back and forth no problem.

I would have thought the first thing to check is if this is happening with WAV files from other sources. Head over to my site and download some of the demos and transfer them over http://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/ ... derground/

Do these load okay?

the file name shows up on the MPC's hd, with a small file size, but is unplayable.

Do you mean the file size has changed from what it should be?
What exactly happens when you try to play or load it, what error message do you get?