Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By plugged.in Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:54 pm
I have a blue 1000 with upgraded pads, max ram, hd and free jjos.

I have the opportunity to buy a 2500 (with max ram) for the same price I can sell mine for.

Will i regret doing this swap?
I already have the 4000 and use it in the studio, the 1000 was more for my on the go set up.

Thoughts?
By Lampdog Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:07 pm
1k for "on the go" type stuff, why go bigger if it's supposed to small?
By richie Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:03 am
You'll regret selling it to JJ G or Raudy.
By Psychedelic Schizophrenic Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:33 pm
richie wrote:You'll regret selling it to JJ G or Raudy.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On a serious note I would keep it if your using your 1000 as a "on the go setup" it does everything you need and it's very portable compared to a lugging a 2500 about. Unless you have a dire need for a tilt LCD screen, optional CD Drive, two extra q-link sliders and bigger pads then stick with the 1000.
By plugged.in Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:11 pm
Well I sold it...

But only to buy a black one instead :)

Thanks for the comments y'all. I like how portable the 1k is compared to the 2500. Still rockin the free JJOS because the main menu is so familiar. I'm sure I'll eventually upgrade to one of the paid versions.

As a side note, how should I connect my two mpc's together? I'm thinking if the 4K is midi master, will the 1k play nice? I'd love to rock both with a mixer in between.. :hmmm: