Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By AlexLev Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:37 pm
So I'm trying to sync my MPC 1000 with a Korg Monologue. Basically, i just want to send midi data from the MPC to the monologue. I have midi data for a whole song layed out on one track in logic. have exported that track as a mid file, and then uploaded that mid file to the MPC. Then I connect the MPC to the monologue using the Midi out from the MPC to the midi in on the monologue, but I can't get the monologue to play the midi data being sent to it. Have set the monologue setting to allow it to receive the midi clock from an external sequencer, but still it won't work. Its the most frustrating thing ever. If anyone can give me a step by step on how to do this it would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
By AlexLev Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:05 pm
Yeah I have both set to the same midi channel. The monologue is set to channel 1, and the mpc is set to channel 1B (I'm using the midi out B port). Doesn't work.

I navigate to the correct program on the monologue to play the midi data coming from the mpc with the correct sound, but whenever I push play on the mpc, all the monologue does is play the 16 step sequence that is saved with the program that I'm currently on. It seems like it isn't receiving any information from the mpc about what to play. it seems like the mpc is simply just telling the monologue when to start and stop. if I navigate to another program for a different sound on the monologue and then push play on the mpc, it will likewise just play whatever sequence is saved with that program on the monologue, completely disregarding any midi data that I'm telling the mpc to send. extremely frustrating.

also, the pads on the mpc are working properly. I can hit notes from pad bank A-D and it will play the notes with the same sound of whatever program I'm on on the monologue. so, the two are communicating on some level. it just seems like the mpc isn't properly sending the midi data I've uploaded to it, or the monologue isn't properly receiving it.

Also, I'm using JJOS2XL if this makes any difference.

Anyone, please help!!