Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Ran Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:50 pm
Hey all,

Total MPC noob here, about to purchase a unit and i have a few questions. (I'm planning to play the MPC as a sound source for a Roland HPD15 which is my favorite pad to play)

1. It's a black model and the pads seem to be the new version (they wiggled together when i moved them) but one pad doesn't go over the half mark velocity. How much of a price leverage do I have here? Is it worth it at all to get the unit?

2. Perhaps a silly question but just to be on the safe side - is there a problem with playing the pads through an exterior pad controller?

3. Following on question #2 - when I use the pads for their programming options, will a midi controller work just as well? that will solve the problem with the malfunctioning pad...

4. Is layering sounds possible with the basic OS or the free JJ? if so - how many can be layered?

Thanks! :)
By Ran Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:39 pm
Wal Martian wrote:
1. The pad sensor sheet is $75 from MPC stuff.
2. No.
3. Yes.
4. Yes. 32 note polyphony.

hey, thanks!

re. # 4 - i was not clear with my question - I meant layering a few sounds on the same pad which are triggered by velocity. I understand it's an mpc1000 feature but not sure on which OS and how many sounds are possible.