Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By blackteawa Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:56 am
So I was having problems with my directional buttons sometimes not working or having to be pressed really hard to work and so I bought proper replacement tact switches for them and soldered them on. But now the new problem with these is that when I press down, up and right it triggers completely different buttons on my Mpc. I.e the window button,the play button and the solo button all get triggered.

Would anybody know whether this is any easy fix like a resistor or something like that or where I could even start in regards to fault finding.

thanks.
By mono/poly Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:39 pm
blackteawa wrote:So I was having problems with my directional buttons sometimes not working or having to be pressed really hard to work and so I bought proper replacement tact switches for them and soldered them on. But now the new problem with these is that when I press down, up and right it triggers completely different buttons on my Mpc. I.e the window button,the play button and the solo button all get triggered.

Would anybody know whether this is any easy fix like a resistor or something like that or where I could even start in regards to fault finding.

thanks.

My god son...what have you done? lol Could be that your board is fukkkered. Could also be your soldering job. Like maybe you either melted the board, or two contacts are touching with a sloppy hunk of solder.
By Wreckon1 Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:38 am
Yeah, I don't know if you fixed the problem, but Mono/Poly is probably correct. I'm guessing the soldering job was a bit sloppy and that two contacts are touching somewhere. Re-solder the the contact switches and you should be good to go