Post your questions, opinions and reviews of the MPC1000. This forum is for discussion of the OFFICIAL Akai OS (2.1). If you wish to discuss the JJ OS, please use the dedicated JJ OS forum
By Otter Rocker Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:06 pm
My MPC 1000 I just bought works normally, except for one glaring problem. Occasionally I'll be pressing pads and making noise as intended, and then randomly, as I hit a pad, it will trigger all 16 samples all at once.

I have no idea why this is happening. I don't see any patterns with it either. Sometimes it'll do it one in every 3 times I hit a pad, other times it will happen once every 5 minutes. Does anyone know anything about this? It makes me think I could never use the MPC for a live scenario, since it's unreliable
By sirmalikcobra Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:55 am
Otter Rocker wrote:My MPC 1000 I just bought works normally, except for one glaring problem. Occasionally I'll be pressing pads and making noise as intended, and then randomly, as I hit a pad, it will trigger all 16 samples all at once.

I have no idea why this is happening. I don't see any patterns with it either. Sometimes it'll do it one in every 3 times I hit a pad, other times it will happen once every 5 minutes. Does anyone know anything about this? It makes me think I could never use the MPC for a live scenario, since it's unreliable

Its not junk you just don't have enough time with the machine to know that the pad sensors are the issue. Change the pads if you have the money too. If not find the pad that triggers all 16 and adjust it if you know how. Thats a whole other topic.
By Otter Rocker Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:08 pm
sirmalikcobra wrote:Its not junk you just don't have enough time with the machine to know that the pad sensors are the issue. Change the pads if you have the money too. If not find the pad that triggers all 16 and adjust it if you know how. Thats a whole other topic.

I purchased the pad upgrade from MPCStuff. I went with the heavy duty pads. I haven't played with the thing since I found the problem. When you say sensors, what are you referring to? Do you think that all the pads are physically being triggered, as in somehow they're all being pushed?
By mono/poly Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:27 pm
If'n ya dernt get them thar little nipples (on the pads) down in them there holes real good (on the sensor) , mudda fukkas be trippin other pads and a shee=ite. Nwotahmean?